Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Onionland's Museum. Here you will find links to articles about the Onionland and it's torizens.
- Nucleus marketplace, the second largest darkmarket, goes offline. Exit scam presumed but no coins removed from the sites wallets.
- Playpen bust sees an unknown exploit effectively de-anon specific Tor users.
- Satoshi Nakamoto, the mysterious creator of Bitcoin, is supposedly identified as an Australian businessman. The Bitcoin price makes gains in response to the news.
- Agora temporarily suspends trading over Tor security concerns.
- Mr Nice Guy sells his market, which is renamed as Doctor Drugs.
- Blackbank becomes an exit scam.
- This hidden wiki hits 10 million visits.
- The K-Man is back after a long absence. Visitors say the new website is, quote, less for Tumbores, more for Outlanders.
- Onion marketplaces experience strong DDoS attacks. The involvement of the owner of Mr. Nice Guy Marketplace is proved by a group of hackers and later confirmed in an interview, where he admits to paying a hacker to DDOS his competitors. Niceguy apologized.
- The SIGAINT email serve is targeted by 70 bad nodes in an attempt to preform a Man In The Middle attack between SIGAINT.org and their onion website.
- Evolution becomes an exit scam, with the site owners Verto and Kimble eloping with millions.
- The official Facebook sets up an onion domain, is viewed with much suspicion.
- Hidden Answers, a Q and A site, launches.
- Galaxy2 opens, effectively reviving the old Galaxy social network.
- BlackBook, a Facebook-like social networking Tor hidden service, is established and grows to over 50,000 accounts.
- The Silk Road 3.0 opens up under the name Green Road, after the Silk Road 2.0 is seized.
- Galaxy, a dark web social network with over 30,000 registered members, suddenly disappears, amid plans to launch Operation Mercury to hack pedo sites.
- The FBI seizes over 25-35 .onion websites in Operation Onymous, including Hydra, and Silk Road 2.0. The FBI seized over 1 million in bitcoins and made 17 arrests.
- The Hidden Wiki
- Doxbin hacked the kpvz Hidden Wiki and held the private key hostage. The private key was later leaked to limit the damage Doxbin could do.
- Bitcoin Fog - Bitcoin anonymization taken seriously. *Warning: Users have complained that Bitcoin Fog is now selectively scamming.
- Torchat goes down.
- Onion Wiki - Onion Wiki is the new website for Cleaned Hidden Wiki
-  is secure Bitcoin high volume Bitcoin Mixer.
- Operation DarkNet - Pedophilia forums were hacked by Hacker's BR Group, had their contents deleted passwords and broadcast around the world.
- RedditTor opens for the new year
- Liberty's hackers start to hosting some services in onionland
- In November-December, a rather nice amount of new non-CP imageboards are created. Tor becomes more active as a few clearnet communities hear about it.
- In August Dutch police target Hard Candy sites Template:Ref
- On October 18th, Operation DarkNet begins. Hidden Wiki is DoSed and Freedom Hosting targeted.
- Sometime in late 2011, Torbook opens its doors. This is an introduction to an anonymous social network on Tor; one of the first successful attempts of its kind. NOTE Torbook moves to FreedomHosting
- In July Matt's services go down, probably for the last time.
- In January, ion creates a mirror of The Hidden Wiki, at that time hosted by Matt. (http://kpvz7ki2v5agwt35.onion/)
- In September, CVV,DUMPS,PAYPAL one of Tor's oldest services was created. (http://2y4m4tqlgsnc7z3f.onion/)
- In October, Matt creates The Hidden Wiki (was this http://mihfrbaf562yakt2.onion/wiki/ ?)
- In August, Mixie's services launched.
- In July, Jamon relaunches masked.name.
- In July, Matt launches rock.onion talks.
- In November, prof7bit releases the first version of TorChat. Template:Ref
- In July, Jamon launches core.onion talks.
- In June, new hidden wiki http://hy2644uxnz6zwt6c.onion/hidden/ starts up; in August it's down.
- In June 2007, long-running hidden wiki http://6sxoyfb3h2nvok2d.onion/ goes down.
- The anarchist news site Notes from the Underground goes offline.
- In June, Legith creates Onionforum.
- In June, Legoiv writes the first spider for hidden sites. Template:Ref
- In May, Tor reaches 100 nodes. Template:Ref
- The Hidden Wiki
- Mixie's Circle
- Matt's services
- German Privacy Foundation services